The term ‘Blog’ has been around since 1998, and today it has become big business with over 200 million blogs competing for the attention of consumers.
Blogging has many well-documented benefits. It works because it helps your SEO activities and builds authority and trust in your brand. It provides you with a hub for your social media activity and it provides a sticky element to your website.
Before designing a blogging strategy, ask yourself a few questions.
- What is the Blog About?
- What is the Blog’s Unique Value?
- Who is the Audience?
If you are an inexperienced writer, or if you are too busy to research, write and upload a blog, it’s may be better to outsource your copywriting, this is where Digital Business UK can help.
Three reasons to start blogging today
- To create a destination for your social media marketing activities. Direct your Tweets to your blog, place links to it on your Facebook wall, and highlight key points of your blog in your email marketing.
- For SEO value, and to help you to focus your own ideas about your subject.
- To establish credibility in your marketplace. Become the go-to place that people refer to when they need definitive information about a product or service.
A good blog develops and matures over time; to help you get started, take a look at our five point Effective Blog Design Checklist.
- Devise your content strategy before you start:
Will the blog follow a diary, or magazine type format? Will you have guest writers, will the blog be written in the first or third person. Do lots of reading, find out what style you feel fits best for your business and audience.
- Stick to your brand and look professional:
Your blog’s branding should contain dominant, consistent elements of your organization’s brand. Create a branded look and feel that draws from your existing scheme.
- Use photographs and other media formats:
Humans are visual beings. They react to photographs, videos, graphics and other media. Use photographs, infographics, videos and audio where appropriate.
- Avoid your blog looking cluttered:
Avoid lots of ads and/or widgets and pop-ups that obstruct your content. If so, they may feel it’s too hard to find and read your blog. Streamline advertising and widgets on your blog.
- Enable social sharing:
If the reader likes the blog post, they must be able to quickly share to their favourite social networks, or the blog post risks go no further.
Now, if you’re ready to go and start blogging today, go for it! If you’d prefer to outsource, contact us today.
Last updated byat .