Put simply: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is a collection of techniques used to help search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo to read, categorise and index the pages and posts on your website with a view to returning the best possible match when people search for particular terms.
SEO considers how search engines work and what people search for, IE:
The actual search terms typed into search engines. Optimising a website involves writing content and associated meta data to increase its relevance to specific keywords and also to remove barriers to search engine indexing.
Eight tips for perfect SEO
1. Buy a Domain Name with your main keyword or phrase in the title. – For instance DigitalBusinessUK
2. Use the page or post keywords in the title. For example, digitalbusinessuk.com/what-is-search-engine-optimisation/
3. Build a site map. If you’re going to build multiple directories and sub-directories, you’ll need a site-map to make sure the spiders go all the way in to your site.
4. Use meta-tags. Put your keyword(s) in your title tag, and put them as close to the beginning as possible (use each one only once, if possible). The text in your meta description will show up in your search engine listing, so make it relevant and interesting.
5. Use alternate text for your images. Alternate text is the text that shows in an image box while the image is loading. Make sure you use this opportunity to place a keyword. It will help your page ranking.
6. Use appropriate anchor text in outgoing links. I.e. if your page is about Digital Business, you’ll want to include that text in links that leave your page.
7 Make sure every page on your site is linked to by at least one other page on your site.
8 Make sure you have relevant, unique content on every page. With Google’s Panda algorhythm, unique content rises to the top of the rankings. So start creating content and get noticed online.
Please read more about Website and Blog Copywriting here.
Last updated byat .